We are delighted to share with you the heartwarming news of the impact we’ve made on the lives of more than 150 Muslim Foster youth across Michigan this Ramadan.
Ramadan is a period of joy and spirituality for Muslims all over the world as we get together to worship, bond with our communities, and spend time with our families.
For Muslim foster youth however, Ramadan can be a time of incredible loneliness and isolation. Separated from their family and friends, Ramadan becomes a time of sadness for foster youth as they spend it with strangers or families who may not understand the importance Ramadan holds in their lives.
This Ramadan, the Muslim Foster Care Association was able to serve foster youth across the state thanks to the generous support of our donors, volunteers, the Michigan Muslim community, and our ongoing partnerships with foster placement agencies.
Below is a list of services sponsored by MFCA this past Ramadan:
- Iftar meal gatherings provided for Muslim foster youth living in residential homes in Grand Rapids
- Iftar meals delivered to the homes of Muslim foster youth in independent living
- Volunteers organized to transport Muslim foster youth to mosques for nightly worship services and Eid events
- Various community sessions held to increase awareness and encourage support
- Gifts provided to over 150 Muslim foster youth to celebrate Eid-Ul-Fitr
It was truly an honor to provide these children the opportunity to immerse themselves in the spirit of Ramadan. The support of our donors, volunteers, community members and placement agency partners has helped create a sense of belonging and a community of care for Muslim foster youth separated from their families.
Together, we’ve made a lasting impact on the lives of these children and shown them that they are not alone and there are communities who care and are dedicated to supporting and uplifting them.
Please check out some of the wonderful memories captured through our Ramadan programs this year.
Thank you for being a part of this amazing journey! We look forward to your support next Ramadan.